- Poster presentation
- First time presenter at any conference
- Presenter needs to be first author (PI)
- R 500
This award is given in honour of Prof Willie Vorster, who sadly passed away on 27 September 2015, after a 2-year battle with cancer. At this time he was the head of Department of Anatomy at the University of Namibia, a department that he started in 2010 when Namibia’s first medical school was established.
He has devoted much of his career to the advancement of Anatomy and Embryology. He started his career as a school teacher before he joined the University of Stellenbosch as a technical assistant in 1980 where he completed both his MSc and PhD. From here he moved to Namibia and has the honour of being accredited with the establishment of two anatomy departments in the southern hemisphere. He was an active member of ASSA and served both on council and as an Honoury Treasurer. He was popular with students and a true academic and faithful friend who was always available for those in need.
(Rev Arg de Anat Clin; 2016, 8 (1): 6-7)
General rules applying to each Conference:
- No single person will be considered for more than one award at any particular conference
- If the presenter fits into more than one category (for example under 35 AND 1st time presenter) then the presenter must choose for which award they wish to be evaluated
- If no qualifying presentations are given in a particular category then the award will not be made
Previous Winners (Past 10 Years):